Home > Acupuncture
Acupuncture developed over 5000 years ago in ancient China. From the perspective of Traditional Chinese Medicine, acupuncture stimulates the movement of energy – also known as ‘Qi’ – in the body through the insertion of very thin needles. When the body is healthy, Qi flows smoothly, without blockage, through the meridians of our bodies. However, when the flow of Qi is obstructed or the body is unbalanced, our body will demonstrate some symptoms or illnesses. By stimulating the certain energetic pathway’s points (or acupuncture points), acupuncture can treat illnesses and balance the body.
Effective in treatment of more than 140 medical conditions. Some are listed, but not all:
- Musculoskeletal Conditions – These include traumatic injuries, sprains, strains, tendinitis, muscle pain, swelling, stiffness, and weakness, arthritis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, lower back pain, stiff neck, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, and sciatica.
- Neurological Conditions – These include headache, migraine, dizziness, trigeminal neuralgia, facial palsy, Meniere disease, nocturnal enuresis, neurogenic bladder dysfunction, stroke, and paresis after stroke.
- Respiratory Conditions – These include sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, bronchitis, tonsillitis, bronchial asthma, plus common cold or flu.
- Gastrointestinal Conditions – These include Irritable Bowel Syndrome, colitis, constipation, diarrhea, dysentery, acid reflux, gastroptosis, duodenal ulcer, nausea, and vomiting, and abdominal bloating.
- Gynecological Conditions – These include PMS, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, irregular menstruation, menopause syndrome, UTI, and infertility.
- Psychological Conditions – These include depression, anxiety, insomnia, PTSD, OCD, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
- Ear, Eye, Nose, and Mouth Conditions – These include acute conjunctivitis, pharyngitis, gingivitis, toothaches, post-extraction pain, cataract (without complications), myopia (in children), and central retinitis.
- Cardiovascular Conditions – These include hypertension (essential) and cardiac neurosis.
- Other Conditions – These include stress, addiction, weight loss, and facial rejuvenation.
Burnaby, BC V5C 4R1
We directly bill most third party insurance plans
Telephone: (604) 428-8682
Fax: (604) 428-8683
Tuesday-Friday: 10am - 7pm
Saturday: 10am to 6pm