Home > Naturopathic Medicine
Naturopathic medicine is a natural and holistic form of primary health care. This ancient form of medicine is an art, science, philosophy and practice of diagnosis, treatment and prevention of illness. Naturopathic medicine is distinguished by the six principles, which underlie and determine its practice. These principles are based upon the objective observation of the nature of health and disease, and are continually reexamined in the light of scientific advances. Treatment methods that are used will be consistent with these principles and are chosen upon the basis of patient individuality.
Treatment plans may include one or many of the following modalities:
- Nutrition — Diet management, specific supplementation, overall nutritional education.
- Physical Medicine — Exercise, joint mobilization and/or manipulation, massage and other soft tissue therapies,
- Botanical Medicine — Western Herbal Remedies and supplements.
- Counselling — Emotional and spiritual guidance, personal growth.
- Homeopathy — an energetic, medicinal modality that literally means “like cures like”. Homeopathic remedies are based on substances that, in diluted form, cause symptoms similar to the disease that they aim to treat. This is an especially safe and gentle route for treatment of infants and children.
- Detoxification — Diet modifications, tissue drainage, organ support, and lifestyle change.
- Desensitization Therapies for allergies or sensitivities — Allergy testing, environmental and nutritional modifications.
- Intravenous Therapy — This includes intravenous nutrient (vitamins and minerals) therapies (such as IV Vitamin C, B’s).
Burnaby, BC V5C 4R1
We directly bill most third party insurance plans
Telephone: (604) 428-8682
Fax: (604) 428-8683
Tuesday-Friday: 10am - 7pm
Saturday: 10am to 6pm