Home > Naturopathic Medicine
Naturopathic medicine is a holistic form of primary health care. This ancient form of medicine is an art, science, philosophy and practice of diagnosis, treatment and prevention of illness – all continually re-examined in light of scientific advances. Naturopathic medicine is distinguished by six principles: the healing power of nature; treating the cause; doing no harm; educating patients; treating the whole person and prevention. Treatment methods used are consistent with these principles and chosen according to patient needs.
Treatment plans may include one or more of the following modalities:
- Nutrition — Diet management, specific supplementation, overall nutritional education.
- Physical medicine — exercise, joint mobilization and/or manipulation, massage and other soft tissue therapies
- Botanical medicine — western herbal remedies and supplements
- Counselling — emotional and spiritual guidance, personal growth.
- Homeopathy — an energetic, medicinal modality that literally means “like cures like”. Homeopathic remedies are based on substances that, in diluted form, cause symptoms similar to the disease that they aim to treat. This is an especially safe and gentle route for treatment of infants and children
- Detoxification — diet modifications, tissue drainage, organ support, lifestyle change
- Desensitization therapies— (for allergies or sensitivities) — allergy testing, environmental and nutritional modifications
- IV therapy — delivers vitamin and mineral nutrient therapies intravenously
Take charge of your health today. Click on the link below or call us to book your session.
Burnaby, BC V5C 4R1
We directly bill most third party insurance plans
Telephone: (604) 428-8682
Fax: (604) 428-8683
Tuesday-Friday: 10am - 7pm
Saturday: 10am to 6pm